Wednesday, June 20, 2012

[Where I've Been]. . .

There's this place in Salt Lake City. 
It's called Primary Children's Medical Center.
My boy has been here since last Thursday (the FRY words post was actually written and set to post way before this all happened) with a diganosis of AML which is a form of leukemia.

It's been a super crazy tough path for the past 6 days.
I really hate it.

I'm going to be in and out on here.  I hope you'll stick with me.
My boy comes first.

If you're the praying type, please add prayers for successful treatment with minimal side effects. 
Tonight we're dealing with not only a new picc line (the 2nd because the first had to be removed because of blood clots), but also a fever that is going up instead of down.  It's a dangerous thing when your white blood cells are currently at near zero because of chemotherapy. 

I'll be starting a blog to record our journey.
The site will be www.teamkenton.blogspot.com .
We have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/teamkenton if you'd like to come say hi and be up to date with the latest happenings.

I appreciate each of you being willing to give me the time we need to get this all sorted out and moving in the right direction.  I'll see you soon. . .

16 comments:

  1. Deb,
    I have only recently begun following your blog. I will definitely be praying for your son and your family!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no :( My thoughts are with you and your family!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for your boy, I am so sorry that you are going through this! Of course your family comes first!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your boy, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers for your son and your family. Be strong and have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, sorry to hear this. Primary's is the BEST. You're in good hands. Sending prayers your way.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
    Connie
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes coming your way! So glad your baby is receiving such great care! Make sure someone is taking care of you, too!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear that. I will be keeping your family in my prayers. I know it will be a difficult time for your family. Our youngest was born with cancer and began her first round of chemo at 1 week old. It can be a very stressful time. Sending you big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've added your family my to prayer list. Please keep us updated! Blessings!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you strength and courage!
    Of course, your family comes first.
    I'm following what is happening on Facebook!

    Don't give up!

    Greetings,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking about you and your family. Sending you {hugs}

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear! Your son & your family will definitely
    be in my thoughts & prayers. Keep the faith:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart is just breaking for you. I'll be saying a prayer for your son and family!

    ReplyDelete