Friday, August 5, 2011

[Part Part Whole addition/subtraction workmat]

When I introduce addition (even as early as the first few days of school when we do the "houses" for each number, I have my munchkins use these workmats.  It's a great visual and gives them the math talk that they need to be familiar with.  I've used the divided plates, but have found more success with this little workmat.  I give each student one workmat, in a sheet protector, to be stored in their desks to use when they need them.  These are great for those kiddos that still need a visual representation of a number sentence in January because they can pull them out of their desks as needed and can be used for addition and subtraction.  :)
Image is linked.  Please say thank you if you take this.

8 comments:

  1. Love it...perfect for little guys to understand! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I was coming over to thank you for your comment on my top ten list and I just picked up your fantastic freebie! I love it. We are into singapore math in our district. This will be perfect. I would love to see your top ten reasons if you want to link up!!! :) I am following you now too!
    Reagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just finding your blog and love it! Thank you so much for sharing this...I'll be able to use it tomorrow!!

    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, this is perfect for my lesson tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great -- thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete