Monday, August 22, 2011

[Exhausted]

First contract day today.
Last night we went over and painted 2 of my 4 bulletin boards.
LOVE the way they look!
Today was faculty meeting.
Lunch.
Lots of rearranging/organizing/purging in my classroom.
Had another student added to my class.
Puts me at 24.
3 less than last year.
2 peanut allergies.
1 possibly severe behavior problem.
24 firsties in my care for 180 days beginning on Thursday.
I'm worn out after today.
Tomorrow and Wednesday are more teacher prep days, back to school night, and then BAM! here they come!
I'm feeling a lot like Little Red in "Into the Woods" - excited and scared!

I'll be back soon with some fun new stuff.
Promise.
For now, however, I'm in survival mode.

After survival mode, however, comes I LOVE THIS mode!
That's what I'm looking forward to. . .
I LOVE BEING A TEACHER!
First grade pretty much rocks.  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment