Monday, August 3, 2015

[Waves Hello...] Daily Calendar Work for First Grade

Well, guys, I have some news. After 19 years of teaching (which is basically my entire adult life!), I am taking a leave of absence for the 2015-16 school year. It's still freakishly weird for me to not be getting my classroom ready, and planning the first week of school, and...and...and. But on the flip side, this is so great!!!  

My plans for the year are to do a lot of nothing. ;)

Just kidding. I've started designing digital scrapbook kits (if you're a digital scrapbooker, I'd love for you to come follow me on Etsy). I hope to expand my skills in that area with some fun school clip art and papers and borders and...and...and... 

I also will be doing more photography. 

And - I'll be going back through the things I have created in the past to update and improve them. There will also be new activities and lessons posted hopefully weekly here on the blog. Some resources will be free and some resources will still cost money. (This no paycheck thing is kind of scary!!).

The first new product I'm listing is a daily calendar and number sense pack. I developed this in January because I really was not a fan of the calendar program we were given. My kiddos LOVED calendar time once we implemented this! They really caught on quickly and became rockstars at money, time, counting by tens and ones, expanded notation, and creating equations.  Because the only thing that changes from month to month is the actual calendar to fill in the date and the graph (because we totally ran out of grid on the sunny day bar by like April!!), this becomes a great morning routine that the students look forward to and enjoy.

You can find it on Teacher's Notebook. Incidentally, I'm having a sale. :)  And...just for fun, the first 3 commenters here (YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment or email me directly!) will receive the full file free! 

Have a super great day - and good luck with school! I know I'm going to miss it, but right now, this is what my family and I need.

3 comments:

  1. I am a first year teacher and your product looks like it would save me a lot of time and frustration. I would love a copy; it looks amazing!
    jessica81281@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE it! :) Thank you, thank you!! :)

    ~Wendy
    sdwd727@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!

    It is going to be an interesting year, even without a class. Do not forget to do a little of nothing, as well :-)

    I'm looking forward to new entries in the blog. But first and foremost, take care of yourself and your family!

    Greetings,
    Steph

    stephanykoujou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete