Wednesday, January 18, 2012

[Left Right Center] adding 0, adding 1, adding doubles

Heidi over at Swamp Frog First Graders had this awesome game over on her blog that matched up with her reading program.
I adapted it to play with my kiddos today using our spelling list words.
They LOVED it!

They loved it so much that they asked me to make a set to practice addition.  And one to practice subtraction.  And one for next week's spelling words.  And. . .yeah.  They really really like this game.  A lot.

So. . .here are the cards for my kiddos that need some review/practice with adding 0, adding 1, and doubles facts.  I only included 1 each of the Left, Right, and Center cards in this set.  You might want 2 of each.  That's what I have in all the other sets I have made today.  :)
That works very well, but I want this group of kids to worry less about trading their cards around than actually practicing these facts!

Anyway. . .the image is linked to the PDF download of these fact cards.
Images used are from MelonHeadzIllustrating!  Super cute, right?!  LOVE them!
(And she has the best teacher "license" requirements!  Check her out!!)

Come back tomorrow for the more intense version of these addition facts - double digit numbers plus some single digits and some plus multiples of ten.  My mathematicians are going to be so very excited about these cards!
If you take these, please be nice and leave a comment.  Thanks!
Oh, and for future reference, when one of your monsters says his arm really really hurts after falling off the slide, even if he can move it full range of motion and there is no swelling or obvious injury, you probably should believe him.
It might be broken.  :(

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I'm sure my kiddos will love playing this game! I still have a few that need extra practice with those pesky math facts!

    Ali
    alischepis(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loving your different games to use the Left-Right-Center idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Deb, This is darling! I LOVE it! :) Thank you for including me. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. What a fun way to help my kids with their homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog and love it! Newest follower! Keep up the awesome work and come check mine out when you have the chance! :)
    ~sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete