Friday, July 29, 2011

[Brilliant!]

I've always used "Power Towers" with the number of the day to help my kiddos begin to visualize the addition process and understand that you could create a number in many different ways (the buzz word for this in education currently, at least in our district, is NUMBER BONDING).
The kiddos didn't always understand the process, and yes, it was a bit confusing, but I hadn't taken the time to work out something better.

Awwwww, cue angels singing. . .and enter Fran of Kindergarten Crayons.

On Tuesday, I was blopping (what Luke calls blog hopping) through Fran's blog, and found this post:
She offers the "5" book as a freebie on her blog.
It's brilliant.  Makes so much sense.  I'm totally using this in my classroom this year!
Hmmmm. . .need to figure out if she's posted the other numbers somewhere on her blog. . .or at her TPT store.  I NEED these!!
I know she's a kindergarten teacher, but so much of her stuff is adaptable for first grade or perfect for the start of the year.  She's incredibly talented and generous with her materials.  So, what are you waiting for?  GO!  Check out her blog!  You'll love it! 
You're welcome.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment