Monday, January 9, 2012

[SCOOT!] Skip Counting by 10s

Lots and lots of practice with skip counting this week!
Here are the SCOOT game pieces for skip counting by 10s.
2 of the game pieces use numbers other than the actual "10s."
I'm interested to see which of my monsters actually can do those 2!!
Image is linked to the pdf download that has 2 sets of identical cards.
12 pieces.  If you do a blog search for SCOOT, you'll find all of the directions, additional game pieces, and the recording sheets.  :)
Happy "Scooting!"

On an unrelated note, how to you deal with theft in your classroom?
I am currently pondering the consequences for a certain student in my classroom who thinks that anything I have also belongs to him/her.  Grrrr.

Right now I'm leaning toward a totally stripped desk - ie: only a junk pencil (all of my class has mechanical pencils and when/if they lose them, they have to use a regular pencil which may or may not be sharp from the junk box - this student adores the mechanical pencils and NEVER loses them!).  No crayons. No math box.  No scissors.  No glue.  Nothing except the junk pencil.

The desk will also be moved to a solitary space away from all classmates so that this student won't take their stuff.

I'm also thinking loss of priveleges. 
Today is art day.  This student LOVE LOVE LOVES art day. 
Hmmmm. . .sad day when you steal from the teacher and can't go to art day!

I'm not sure if this is even going to work, but I'm at my wits end.
The parents are also unable to help.

So. . .my amazing colleagues, what would you do?!
Please help!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment