Wednesday, January 4, 2012

[genuine writing] Mystery Friend

We're still getting back into the swing of things around here.
I actually had a little guy fall asleep yesterday afternoon and sleep soundly for 90 minutes.  I didn't have the heart to wake him up and knew that he wouldn't be catching anything even if he were awake being that tired!
Today we did this little project (which is really so much cuter in real life and not taken in a dreary classroom with an iPhone!):
Top left quadrant: Favorite animal.
Top right quadrant: Favorite food.
Bottom left quadrant: Favorite game.
Bottom right quadrant: Favorite color (in an outfit on the illustrator).


For the next few days, we'll be building a bulletin board for parent teacher conferences.  Each day I'll choose one of the information sheets and read it aloud to the kids.  Using the clues, we'll look at the illustrations and see if we can match up the writing with the illustration.
My hope is that my monsters will realize that it really is important that your illustration match your writing!

Tomorrow's Thursday.  District math planning meeting.  And DIBELS.
And then it's Friday.
And then Saturday.  I can wear my jammies all day again!  ;)
Hee, hee.
I really did miss my firsties during the break and am glad to be back on a schedule, but to be completely honest, I'm worn right out.  These welcome back transition days are tough!

2 comments:

  1. Jared said someone fell asleep. Poor kid!
    As an Illustration major I do think that the pictures are most helpful when they match the words. ;)
    Sometime I could come in and show how a book gets illustrated if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! I'm adding your blog to my New Blog on the Block blog roll!
    Rebecca
    Teaching First
    (also author of some of the posts on Me and My Fist Grade Gang)

    ReplyDelete