Thursday, December 22, 2011

[jammies day] OR [the start of Winter Break at my house]

Went to bed last night early.
Early as in I probably beat my first graders to bed early.
Fighting a sinus infection.
Feel like I've been punched in the face.  Repeatedly.
Slept mostly well.
And then. . .
the FIRST day I could actually sleep in. . .
my daughter's Zhu-Zhu pets decided to stage a revolt.
All 10 of them.
At 5:23 am.
Seriously.
That's 3 minutes past my normal wake up time.
Uuuugggghhh.
Seriously.

Not to be deferred from my sleeping in day,
I closed the door tightly and went back to sleep.  :)
Until 8:52 am.
That's just crazy! 
A wonderfully delightful kind of crazy.
The sort of crazy that I could easily become accustomed to.

But it gets even better. . .
I then simply stayed in bed and played on my phone - facebook, e-mail, kindle.
Until the rugrats decided they were STARVING! so I had to get up and make breakfast.

Sausage, eggs, pancakes, orange juice.
The very best part?!
I'm still in my jammies!
Breakfast is over.
The kidlets are watching tv.
I'm sitting at the table (in the warm spot over the heat vent), drinking my morning Diet Coke and playing on the computer.

Yep, this is the sort of crazy that I could easily become accustomed to.
Welcome to MY winter break!

1 comment: