Friday, November 18, 2011

[1 less than, 2 less than] SCOOT!

Mrs. White was wishing for a less than SCOOT game.
Since it was her birthday yesterday, I thought I'd be nice and make her one.  ;)
Of course, since we teach at the same school, this will also benefit my class, and Ms. Jones' class. 

The game pieces have a series of pictures with one or two crossed out at the end.
The recording sheet has 2 sections.

The first is:
____ less than ____ is _____.

The other is:
_____ - _____ = _____.

This gives our kiddos practice not only visualizing the less than fact, but actually writing the subtraction equation for that fact, a skill that is sometimes pretty tough for our firsties to acquire.

It's a PDF file containing both the game pieces and the recording sheet. 

If you download this game, please leave a comment of thanks and a Happy Birthday wish for Mrs. White.  I wonder if this means I don't have to make her favorite lemon cake?!  

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! Just what I needed. And, yes please on the cake. SCOOT or no SCOOT there is nothing quite as yummy as Lemon Poppyseed Cake made by Mrs. Reynolds. ;)

    ReplyDelete