Thursday, October 6, 2011

[Subtraction Strategies Review]

We're struggling with subtraction here in our little corner of first grade.
My kiddos aren't using the strategies we've discussed on a consistent basis.  Nor are they familiar enough with each strategy to know when it would best fit.
So. . .today we're doing a strategy review.
Hopefully this will give us the boost we need to make subtraction not quite so scary. . .
A little note of thanks if you download this document, please.

What strategies do YOU use in your classroom for subtraction?

1 comment:

  1. I have downloaded a lot of your things backwards from today (1-16-12) and figured I better say thanks. Take it from me, there are probalby lots of teachers downloading, but it takes a little effort to comment. If only I could read some of the code words they make me type in.

    Thanks for you effort. I am sure your firsties are doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete