Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{Practicing Money Skills}

Our current math focus is money. 
Specifically coin recognition and counting of like coins to 25¢.
I've been using a lot of different sources for our money activities as well as some activities that I've used in previous years.

This COVER FOUR game is an adaptation of a game shared by Mrs. Carroll on her blog First Grade Parade.  She has a great kit available for download!

Here is my adaptation.

I created 7 different game boards for use in a small group setting.
I have found it's helpful to have my students change sheets after a few rounds of play so they are truly looking at the coins and not just memorizing where the coins are.

And here is a set of individual coin practice sheets.
(There is a recording sheet for each coin: penny, nickel, dime, quarter).

0 comments:

Post a Comment